Create a bridge between your Webflow forms and Basin\'s database for a seamless submission experience.
Collecting submissions in Webflow on exported sites
If you're wanting to use the built-in Webflow form element on a site you've exported, you simply need to adjust your Webflow form settings to connect to Basin for submission handling.
There are 3 ways to integrate a webflow form with Basin:
- Basic integration
Copy/paste the Basin endpoint URL you want Webflow to use for submission handling. Then, log in to Webflow and access the form settings page. Paste the endpoint URL into the action field, and make sure that the method is set to POST.
Once you make these changes, you can publish/export your Webflow site code and your form will send all submission data to Basin.
Step 1: Include the Basin JS script
Paste the following code into your Webflow site's Pages -> Project Settings -> Before tag.
Step 2: Update the form settings
- Go to the page with the form.
- Select the form you want to point to Basin.
- Click on the settings icon in the top right corner.
- Change the "Action" to the URL you copied from your Basin form settings.
- Change the "Method" to "POST".
- Under "Custom Attributes", click the "+" button to add a new attribute. Set the name to "data-basin-form", and the value to "true". This will tell the Basin JS script to handle this form submission.
- Save the form settings.
- Publish your site and test.
Additional Configuration Recommended
Please see the Basin JS Docs for more configuration options and details.